The first thing is not to stress. Fathers are pretty forgiving and the fact that you have taken the time to choose anything at all already means you are ahead of the game. Here are some pointers:
• Decide on your budget. Gifts don’t need to cost a fortune to be well received. Small well-tailored gifts can have just as big an impact as those costing a bomb.
• How does he spend his free time? Fathers spend a lot of time either working or tending to various family needs, like driving junior to her sporting games on the weekend. The key question is how does Dad spend his free time. Does he exercise? Does he read? Is he passionate about movies? Does he love carving wood in the garden shed? Is he a big bush walker?
• Based on what he does in his free time, choose something that will fill a need or bring some joy. If he exercises, does he need any new clothing or shoes, or an iPhone holder? If he reads, what topics is he interested in? What are the latest books on those topics? What are the prize winners on those topics? If he loves movies, take him to one you think he might like or buy two tickets for it and give them to him. If he loves carving, does he need a new workman’s apron or tool? If he’s into bush walking then clothing, hats, gloves or a backpack might be the way to go. If you’re stumped, then you can always get him a gift card of some description.
• Don’t leave it until 2 weeks before Fathers’ Day. This is the biggest tip. Keep Dad in mind throughout the year and buy as you see things that he might like. This reduces stress too!
• Don’t forget a card too. You might find it’s the words that you say rather than the gift you give that means the most. Nextra has a huge range of Fathers’ Day cards ranging from Cute to Funny to Heartfelt and even Romantic ones for Mum to give to Dad. Or if you’re feeling adventurous there are always blank ones too.
The first thing is not to stress. Fathers are pretty forgiving and the fact that you …Read More
Plan well in advance to avoid the stress…Read More
Decide on your budget. Gifts don’t need to cost a fortune to be well received…Read More
You don’t need to spend a fortune…Read More
Get in touch with your local nextra store using the online form on this page.