• First, decide on a budget. Gifts don’t need to be expensive to be well received. Research shows that the recipients of gifts do not associate the cost of the gift with their level of appreciation of it (see The science behind giving good gifts).
• Make a list of all the things your loved one is interested in. How do they spend their free time? Can you buy something related to those activities? Can you solve a problem for them?
• Don’t stress. At Nextra we have thousands of gifts and cards to choose from. I’d be surprised if you can’t find something for your loved one within your budget. Most people love giving presents; its just that they can get stressed actually finding the right present.
• Shop throughout the year. Another way to reduce stress is to shop throughout the year. This might not be helpful advice if you are reading this in December, but when you see something suitable for a loved one buy it then. Don’t wait until closer to Christmas. Problem solved!
• How about some thoughtful words on a card? You might find gift itself is overshadowed by the words in the card. Try to add your own message too. Nextra has a huge range of cards ranging from Cute to Funny to Heartfelt and Romantic. We have blank ones too. Whilst you can search online for inspiration for things to say, make sure to say it in your own words.
• Don’t forget beautiful wrap too. If you’ve given them a physical present, then taking the time to select some beautiful wrap and wrapping it neatly and carefully will always be appreciated. Never underestimate the sheer fun of unwrapping presents, even for adults.
The first thing is not to stress. Fathers are pretty forgiving and the fact that you …Read More
Plan well in advance to avoid the stress…Read More
Decide on your budget. Gifts don’t need to cost a fortune to be well received…Read More
First, decide on a budget.Read More
Get in touch with your local nextra store using the online form on this page.